I found this fun alternative to the usual cold weather favorite – hot chocolate – on Family Fun, and decided to try it!
I adapted it a little, to this:
Ingredients (per serving):
- 1 C. milk
- 2 tsp. sugar (I made mine with vanilla sugar, which intensifies the yummy vanilla flavor even more, but if you don’t have on hand, just use regular sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. Mexican vanilla extract (I tried Madagascar and Mexican, and liked Mexican better, but choose your favorite)
- 1 T. vanilla bean whipped cream
- Caramel syrup
- Chocolate shavings
- Add the sugar to the milk, and warm in the microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- Add the vanilla extract, stir well.
- Garnish with the whipped cream, chocolate shavings and caramel syrup.
I feel like the caramel really makes the recipe – it helps meld all the flavors together into yummy vanilla-y goodness. If you’re not partial to caramel, you could also garnish with chocolate syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, white chocolate – the possibilities are endless! Let us know if you try it, here or on our Facebook page!